Camp in the City is coming to FCC!
What is it?
Camp in the City is our summer 2019 programming for Kids who are in Kindergarten through 5th grade during the 2018-2019 school year. (I.e., “rising” 1st through 6th graders.) At Camp in the City your kids will get the chance to learn who Jesus is while having fun and making memories they will carry on into the rest of their lives! The program is run by Pine Cove Camps, an amazing camping ministry that runs family, day, and overnight camps across the nation. Pine Cove trains and sends 35 passionate college students and older adults to run the entire camp all week long, executing all activities, teaching kids about Jesus, and making sure they have an amazing week! All staff are are background checked, trained, and passionate to teach and lead your kids into a deeper relationship with Jesus.
When is it?
Camp in the City is July 15-19 from 9a to 4p.
How much does it cost?
Camp in the City costs $280 per kid… and it will be worth every penny! As additional incentive, the first 50 kids who sign up will get $50 off their total using the code “forgreene2019”. The next 20 people who sign up will get $15 off using the code “forkids2019”. If you still need help, you can fill out a scholarship form to apply for up to 50% ($140) off through financial aid. You can find these forms at the Camp in the City booth, at each of our locations. Payment plans are available upon signing up. Those options are as follows…
- Total Amount: Full amount ($280) day-of
- Monthly automatic plan: $100 up front, remainder split evenly over following months
- Minimum plan: $100 up front, remainder ($180) on the following month
- $100 deposits are non-refundable
- What do I need to pack? Go to https://www.pinecove.com/summer-camps/packing-theme-nights/?camp=campcity for more detail.
- How does drop-off and pick-up work? Go to https://www.pinecove.com/summer-camps/drop-off-pick-up/?camp=campcity for more detail.
- Do you feed my kid(s)? Each child will need to pack their own lunch for each day they attend.
- How do you keep my kid(s) safe? For each week of camp, we will provide a certified nurse to stay on call in case of any injury. Click here for more detail about the Pine Cove process: https://www.pinecove.com/summer-camps/safety.
- Is this just for FCCers? As we host Camp in the City, we want this experience not only for FCC, but for all of Greene County! Registration will be open to anyone in our area, so reach out to your friends and neighbors, and invite them to come to Camp in the City.
- At which campus will you host Camp in the City? We are still in the process of figuring that out, but we will update everyone as soon as we know!
- I’m sure Pine Cove staff are amazing and all, but will FCC Kids Min Staff be at Camp in the City? Yes! We will be having at least a few of our FCC Kids Min Staff on-site, helping oversee things, keeping your kids safe, and loving on them while you sip lemonade at home… or something like that.
- Can I be a Host Family? Hey, glad you asked! During the week, we need families willing to open their homes to Camp in the City staff who will be working the event. For more info, or if you are interested, please contact our Kids Director, Ben Weaver, at [email protected]
- Anything else I should know? Yeah, there’s a mini Pine Cove party for parents and special recognition for campers! Join us Friday at 4:00pm!
To sign up, go to https://www.pinecove.com/city/fcc-greeneville/.
To get the Pine Cove CampLife app, go to…
- Apple – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pine-cove-camplife/id991165025?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pinecove.camplife