The Places Information is Available
We recently came across statistics that show that the average church attendee on any given Sunday in America is present 3 out of every 8 Sundays! (See https://churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-articles/139575-7-startling-facts-an-up-close-look-at-church-attendance-in-america.html for more.)
What this means, especially for a multisite congregation working to become a campus-launching strategy, is that we must be both extremely selective and extremely ubiquitous in terms of what and how we communicate information. We can’t say everything and we have to say the few things we say often! So this is how to stay informed and get connected, the whole 9 yards, all on one page. (We know–it’s a lot!) If you ever need to get back to this page, just remember fccgreene.org/info!
- COVID-19 NEWS/UPDATES:
- Social media outlets. (See below.)
- Scott’s Thoughts – Written info, updates, devotional thoughts. (See “Scott’s Thoughts” toward the bottom for more about ST. The site-wide pop-up banner (bottom left) takes you there.)
- 2(ish)-min Daily Video Update – Quick updates and info, primarily intended to be a brief devotional thought and inspiration for your day, posted on social media.
- FCC Social Media –Follow, Subscribe, Like, Heart, Comment, and Share!
- Worship Service Streams – Outta town and wanna stay connected to our service? Sick at home but don’t wanna miss out?! Just go to fccgreene.org/live! You can also stream on Facebook and Youtube. (We’re working on a Roku and/or Apple TV channel, for those who wanna use their huge 65″ flatscreen!)
- Worship Guide – Handed to all who attend one of our worship services, the Worship Guide functions as a key place to get info and provide feedback. It has ways to sign up for things that are always changing, highlights a few important items of note (that can also be found at fccgreene.org/news), and includes space for Sermon Notes, and Study Questions (fccgreene.org/studyquestions). Those on fccgreene.org/live can find Study Questions on the “Notes” tab (or on Youversion Live, I think. Scott, you need to check this. Yes, those editing our website occasionally leave themselves notes. Also, Scott, the /studyquestions, /studyguide, /worshipguide, etc. short urls need cleaning up and the system simplified.)
- Connect Card – Communicate next steps, prayer requests, ask questions, make comments, sign up for things, etc., even online, at fccgreene.org/cc.
- General FCC Text Msg Info Blast – Once/Twice a week, we’ll send a quick friendly reminder and/or link to important sign-ups, news posts, Scott’s Thoughts, etc.
- Next Steps – This is THE best place to start at FCC to get the most comprehensive picture of how things work here! See fccgreene.org/nextsteps for more info.
- The Hub – If you’ve got any questions, find a Guest Connector with a lanyard. They know things and can find answers. Or just go to fccgreene.org/hub, where you can find out about, well, just about everything we do.
- The Care Room – Need prayer? Wanna know the latest Prayer Requests? Have questions about following Jesus, joining First Christian Church, or being baptized? Want to write someone a note of encouragement?
- If you’re at one of our locations, The Care Room is the place!
- If you’re online, just click on “Request Prayer” or “mention” the Online Host’s name (using “@” or, if going all analog and old school, the Online Host’s actual name).
- Pulse Email – Sent out right after Sunday morning services, this email is an insider look that has it all: blurbs and pictures that Tell the story of what God is doing among us, important upcoming events and initiatives, links to ministry areas, sermon audio/video, our weekly Spotify playlist, etc. Sign up here if you don’t yet receive it. Quick point of clarification: The Pulse Email is not the same as the Pulse Video. The Pulse Email has way more info. The Pulse Video is just video highlights of a few things (see below).
- Pulse Video – Shown during every service, this video highlights just a few of the most important things to know and helps us Tell the story winsomely! It’s sent inside the Pulse Email and also posted on Facebook (see below to follow us on FB).
- Kids & Students Social Media – Follow, Subscribe, Like, Heart, Comment, and Share!
- Students: Facebook & Instagram – Our Student Ministry also hands out a Worship Guide each week with upcoming/important events/info.
- Kids: Facebook & Instagram – Our Kids Min also hands out a Parent Cue with a summary of the lesson. (“252 Basics” for Elementary is weekly and “First Look” for preschoolers and toddlers is handed out monthly.)
- Parent Emails & Txt Msg Blasts – These weekly emails have summaries of each week’s lesson and upcoming/important events/info. We also maintain a Txt Msg Update List. Sign up here for:
- Quarterly Update Letter from Elders – This is pretty much what it sounds like! Gives a high-level view of goings-on, from the perspective of our overseers. See here for an example, and here for another one.
- Scott’s Thoughts – Found at fccgreene.org/st, this is a weekly(ish) blog post that…
- touches on things not well covered in other outlets,
- mentions important churchwide initiatives,
- names wins we’re seeing,
- spreads vision,
- links to Great Questions Answered, and
- communicates what’s on Scott’s heart as Lead Pastor at FCC.
- NOTE: This written format, along with the 2-min Daily Video Update, is where we are keeping information about strategy change related to Coronavirus.
So, when we repeat something over and over, don’t be surprised–there’s a lot going on so we choose to communicate fewer things but through many means! Given the stats cited above, if you’re well informed, you’re a weird exception. Please try to be patient with us if you hear/see us repeat things over and over. When a small minority of us become sick of hearing about something, most folks are just beginning to get it! Got it?!