MIX: For All, Forever
The Middle School MIX Conference is happening June 20-24!
MIX is an awesome four-day summer event specifically designed for students in sixth, seventh, and eighth grades. It is intentionally crafted in ways that will engage middle school students through tactile, interactive, and fun activities, coupled with Bible-based teaching and small group interaction.
MIX also gives adult leaders the chance to build relationships with students that will last long after the MIX experience. At MIX, our students will come to understand their identity in God’s Kingdom, and be challenged to embrace the Kingdom work He has prepared for them.
We will be attending MIX at Lee University. Located in Cleveland, TN, just outside Chattanooga, Lee University has a campus that cannot be outdone. As soon as you walk onto campus, you get the feeling of the south. Historic brick buildings with towering white pillars and huge shade trees scatter the campus making you feel separated from the town. Although the recreation facilities are not to be outdone by the beautiful landscaping, Lee University offers top of the line indoor and outdoor facilities. From the dorms to large shade trees, no detail has been overlooked.
The early bird price for MIX this year is $310, if you sign up by May 1. This includes all meals (except lunch on Sunday and breakfast/lunch on Thursday), transportation, lodging, conference, and a free day activity in Chattanooga. After May 1 the price will be $360. A $65 deposit is due at the time of registration. Registrations deadline is Jun 03.
Here’s a section from this year’s theme:
NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE…
NO MATTER WHERE YOU’RE FROM…
NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK YOU ARE…
OR HOW BAD…
THE GOSPEL IS STILL FOR YOU.
FOR ALL. FOREVER.
Sign up your middle-schooler here! During registration, you will need to fill out a MIX Medical Form.
CIY COVID procedures can be found here.
Here’s what to pack:
- Bible, notebook or journal, and couple pens/pencils.
- Plan on bringing 2 sets of clothing for days 2, 3, and 4.
- One set of clothing for each of these days should be suitable for getting wet/dirty.
- A lightweight jacket or jeans might be a good idea if you get cold easily.
- Appropriate swimwear/cover-up.
- Comfortable shoes for walking and sessions.
- Shoes for getting wet.
- Flip flops.
- Bedding (Sheets for a twin bed, a blanket or sleeping bag, and a pillow).
- Towels for showering and swimming (washcloth if desired).
- Toiletries (Soap, Shampoo, Deodorant, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, etc…).
- Prescription medications (if needed).
- Money for two meals (see FOOD section on back), the MIX Station, offering, etc.
- Optional: Camera, athletic equipment for recreation time, bug spray, sunblock.
MIX has asked that we share this dress code with you as a guide to help you pack appropriately. Acceptable: T-shirts, hoodies/jackets, sweats, capris, jeans, shorts (Please use good judgment), skirts (AGAIN, please use good judgment), one-piece swimsuits. Non-acceptable: Spaghetti Straps, low-cut shirts, short shorts, short skirts, bikinis, sagging pants.
We will be staying in air-conditioned dorm rooms. We will have one private bathroom/shower to share for each room (i.e. not communal showers).
Lee University will be providing meals all week except for lunch on Sunday and breakfast/lunch on Thursday. On Sunday, Jun 20, after first service, we’ll head off campus together for an extended activity while stopping for lunch on the way. Also, on our way home Thursday morning, Jun 24 we’ll stop for breakfast then lunch before returning to the church at 2p. Students will need to bring money for these meals.