MOVE: For All, Forever
The High School MOVE Conference is happening July 12-17!
MOVE is a five-day High School summer event held all over the country, designed to amplify the call of Christ on students’ lives to become Kingdom workers. Students are challenged through intense, interactive worship, dynamic preaching, small group study and community building. MOVE is more than just another conference or camp – it’s an experience!
This experience also gives adult leaders the chance to build relationships with students that will last long after MOVE ends. At MOVE, our students will come to understand their identity in God’s Kingdom, and be challenged to embrace the Kingdom work He has prepared for them.
We will be attending MOVE at Lee University. Located in Cleveland, TN, just outside Chattanooga, Lee University has a campus that cannot be outdone. As soon as you walk onto campus, you get the feeling of the south. Historic brick buildings with towering white pillars and huge shade trees scatter the campus making you feel separated from the town. Although the recreation facilities are not to be outdone by the beautiful landscaping, Lee University offers top of the line indoor and outdoor facilities. From the dorms to large shade trees, no detail has been overlooked.
The early bird price for MOVE this year is $375, if you sign up by May 1. This includes all meals (except lunch on Monday and Breakfast on Friday), transportation, lodging, conference, and a free day activity in Chattanooga. After May 1 the price will be $410. A $65 deposit is due at the time of registration. Registrations deadline is Jun 21.
Here’s a section from this year’s theme:
NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE…
NO MATTER WHERE YOU’RE FROM…
NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU THINK YOU ARE…
OR HOW BAD…
THE GOSPEL IS STILL FOR YOU.
FOR ALL. FOREVER.
Sign up your high-schooler here! During registration, you will need to fill out a MOVE Medical Form.
CIY COVID procedures can be found here.
Here’s what to pack:
- Bible, notebook or journal, and couple pens/pencils.
- Plan on bringing 2 sets of clothing for days 2, 3, and 4.
- One set of clothing for each of these days should be suitable for getting wet/dirty.
- A lightweight jacket or jeans might be a good idea if you get cold easily.
- Appropriate swimwear/cover-up.
- Comfortable shoes for walking and sessions.
- Shoes for getting wet.
- Flip flops.
- Bedding (Sheets for a twin bed, a blanket or sleeping bag, and a pillow).
- Towels for showering and swimming (washcloth if desired).
- Toiletries (Soap, Shampoo, Deodorant, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, etc…).
- Prescription medications (if needed).
- Money for two meals (see FOOD section on back), the MIX Station, offering, etc.
- Optional: Camera, athletic equipment for recreation time, bug spray, sunblock.
MOVE has asked that we share this dress code with you as a guide to help you pack appropriately. Acceptable: T-shirts, hoodies/jackets, sweats, capris, jeans, shorts (Please use good judgment), skirts (AGAIN, please use good judgment), one-piece swimsuits. Non-acceptable: Spaghetti Straps, low-cut shirts, short shorts, short skirts, bikinis, sagging pants.
We will be staying in air-conditioned dorm rooms. We will have one private bathroom/shower to share for each room (i.e. not communal showers).
Lee University will be providing meals all week except for lunch on Thursday and breakfast on Saturday. On Thursday, we’ll head off campus together for an extended activity while stopping for lunch on the way. Students will need to bring money for this meal. Also, on our way home Saturday, we’ll stop for breakfast and lunch before returning to the church.