Next Steps is our main environment for learning about and connecting to the 7 Habits, redesigned during Fall 2020 for greater effectiveness.
Why a new Next Steps process?
- Need to streamline process
- Need to connect new people better
- Need to (re)connect FCCers returning from Covid
- Need to intentionality integrate the 7 Habits better, in our processes and programming
How is the new Next Steps different?
- Shorter and more flexible, with a video curriculum that can be completed in one 30-minute session on the app (not available till Mon, Oct 6).
- Better with follow-up, with an entire Next Steps Team focused on helping mentor participants
- More tailored approach to connecting people to FCC, with each participant
- Ongoing 7-Habits-based growth and learning environment that will help both new and veteran FCCers integrate the 7 Habits into their lives
How does it work?
- Watch 25 minutes of 7 Habits videos, on-demand, on the app, (choose “Next Steps”, then proceed through each 7H video).
- Connect with a Next Steps Mentor on a Sunday morning by going to The Hub or taking to someone with a lanyard.
- Develop your personal 7 Habits Growth Plan in ongoing conversation with your Next Steps Mentor.
*Next Steps is no longer on Monday evenings.
Questions? Email us.
What is a 7 Habits Growth Plan?
It’s a written plan for your growth, developed in ongoing conversation with your Next Steps Mentor, that answers these kinds of questions…
- What’s your story? Tell us about yourself and help us get to know you. (What makes you tick? How do you spend your time? Any hobbies?)
- What has your past involvement looked like in… Workplace? Church? Serving? Small Groups? Leadership?
- Have you watched the 7H videos? Any questions?
- Where do you need growth and/or health?
- Where do you see yourself getting involved at FCC? What’s your first actual step?
(Why “written”? Because you haven’t thought it through and committed till you’ve written it down.)