We believe that the pursuit of generosity, as part of a local church, is a habit that reflects the grace of God given to us and that extends His Kingdom! When we pool our resources together, as a church, we can do more together to impact our community and world than separately.
How to Give to FCC
- Cash/Check – As you leave one of our worship services, our Guest Team will be holding buckets for your offering. If you can’t make it to a worship service, you can just mail it to First Christian Church, 1130 Temple St, Greeneville, TN 37745, or bring it into the Office at our Greeneville location and put it in the box marked “Offering”.
- Recurring check or electronic draft through your bank.
- Our Preferred Methods (because it makes the accounting process easier)
- Online – Click on “Give” at the top of any webpage. You can also setup recurring giving there.
- Text-to-Give — Text the word “help” to 84321 and follow the instructions to set up your giving profile (only needs to be done once.)
- 1-Minute How-To videos…
Ongoing Regular Projects we’re always working on together:
- Collecting food and canned goods for the Greeneville-Greene County Community Ministries Food Bank. See the weekly bulletin for what we’re collecting each month and bring supplies to the barrels at 3 of our main entrances.
- Volunteer at Catalyst Coffee Company. – Every year we need candy for “Halloween Happenings” downtown, when thousands of folks from our community walk by our store! Please donate at church (in marked barrels) or at Catalyst during October. You can also help with weekly laundry, serving lunch once a week, painting and general construction/maintenance, learning to make lattés and volunteer to make legit cappuccinos for a couple hours a week. Contact Sandy Nienaber, General Manager, for more info.
- We collect items for shoeboxes, partnering with Operation Christmas Child and local families, to send 600+ boxes.
- Locally, we support YoungLife, Long View Ranch, Greeneville-Greene County Community Ministries (Food Bank), Opportunity House, Catalyst Coffee Company, ETSU and UT Campus Student Fellowship, Johnson University, Milligan College, and Emmanuel Christian Seminary.
- We regularly provide Benevolence help for emergency needs, as well as ministry students in need of finances, leadership development, residency, and mentoring.
- Also, we give a large percentage of our General Fund Budget to support missionaries, outreach, and church planting organizations all over the world, from Greeneville to Africa to India, to the tune of well over $100,000 a year! See here for more information about who we support.
Recent Occasional Projects we’ve done together:
- Raised over $100,000 to launch a nonprofit coffee shop on our downtown square called “Catalyst Coffee Company”. (Make sure to Like us on Facebook!)
- Funded a year-long mission trip to 11 countries for a young woman in our congregation.
- Took mission trip to encourage a family we support in Kenya and provided $10,000 of extra support.
- A missionary family of 8 we support stayed with us for 6 months and we provided a vehicle and helped with housing and support.
- Sponsored over 65 children through Compassion International.
- Given thousands to multiple adoptive families.
- Sent over 1,000 pairs of shoes for Soles4Souls.org with Kids VBS.
- Sent thousands to a missionary couple we support in Czech Republic.
- Sent thousands to a missionary family we support in Kenya.
- Collected and sent thousands for disaster relief.
- Collected and sent thousands for a family in our community who lost their house to fire.
Giving and Financial Freedom
- “Financial Freedom” — For many, pursuing generosity means learning healthy financial habits. We have a team of experienced financial health counselors who provide confidential training and accountability, helping you and/or your spouse find financial freedom through disciplined budgeting, saving, and spending. Click here to indicate interest: fccgreeneville.org/financialfreedom. One of our Financial Freedom counselors will contact you.
- Teaching on How to Pursue Generosity
- Watch this FCC sermon for some biblical perspective: “Thanksgivers Pursue Generosity” (Exodus 35:4-9; 36:1-7).
- Watch this video answer to the question: “Should A Christian Tithe?”