We believe that the pursuit of generosity, as part of a local church, is a habit that reflects the grace of God given to us and that extends His Kingdom! When we pool our resources together, as a church, we can do more together to impact our community and world than separately.
Current Missions and Outreach Projects we’re working on together:
- Collecting food and canned goods for the Greeneville-Greene County Community Ministries Food Bank. See the weekly bulletin for what we’re collecting each month and bring supplies to the barrels at 3 of our main entrances.
- We have a missionary family of 8 we support who is staying with us from January through May 2018. They need:
- Volunteer at Catalyst Coffee Company.
- We need candy for “Halloween Happenings” downtown, where thousands of folks from our community will be walking by our store! Please donate at church (in marked barrels) or at Catalyst during October 2017!
- Help with weekly laundry.
- Help serve lunch.
- Help by painting and general construction/maintenance.
- Learn to make lattés and volunteer to make legit cappuccinos for a couple hours a week.
- Contact Sandy Nienaber, General Manager, for more info.
- Also, we give over 12% of our General Fund Budget to support missionaries and outreach organizations all over the world, from Greeneville to Africa to India, to the tune of $62,500 during 2017! See here for more information about who we support.
Past projects we’ve done together recently:
- Raised over $100,000 to launch a nonprofit coffee shop on our downtown square called “Catalyst Coffee Company”. (Make sure to Like us on Facebook!)
- Funded a year-long mission trip to 11 countries for a young woman in our congregation.
- Took mission trip and $6,000 to a missionary family we support in Kenya.
- Sponsored over 65 children through Compassion International.
- Given over $3,000 to multiple adoptive families.
- Sent over 1,000 pairs of shoes for Soles4Souls.org with Kids VBS.
- Sent $3,000 to a missionary couple we support in Czech Republic.
- Sent over $3,000 to a missionary family we support in Kenya.
- Collected over $3,000 for Hurricane Relief, to send to Samaritan’s Purse during Summer 2017.
- Collected over $6,000 for a family in our community who lost their house to fire during Summer 2017.
- Purchased a $6,000 vehicle for a missionary family to use on furlough in Fall/Winter 2017.
- Sent 600 boxes to Operation Christmas Child in Fall/Winter 2017.
Giving and Financial Freedom
- “Financial Freedom” — For many, pursuing generosity means learning healthy financial habits. We have a team of experienced financial health counselors who provide confidential training and accountability, helping you and/or your spouse find financial freedom through disciplined budgeting, saving, and spending. Click here to indicate interest: fccgreeneville.org/financialfreedom. One of our Financial Freedom counselors will contact you.
- Teaching on How to Pursue Generosity
- How to Give to FCC
- During worship, when the plate is passed.
- Online, at www.givetofcc.org.
- Text-to-Give — Text an amount to 84321 (“$250,000”, e.g.) and follow the instructions to set up your giving profile (only needs to be done once.) Text “help” for… uh… help.